Whatever shape you cut these, they taste very good. Almond shortbread with a hint of lemon.
Recipe type: Baking
Serves: 20 biscuits
- 170g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g ground almonds
- 200g plain flour
- Finely grated zest of a lemon
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- Pre-heat the oven on fan-bake to 150 degrees C
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale in a large mixing bowl
- Stir in the almonds, flour, zest and vanilla
- Bring together the mixture into a ball and knead lightly.
- Roll out evenly on a floured surface to about 5mm thick
- Cut into shapes using a cookie cutter or cut into triangles with a knife
- Lift onto a baking sheet lined with silicone or baking paper
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden
- Keep well in an airtight container or freeze.